I remind myself that I rarely have a cavity since I’ve been flossing. My dentist says that’s the reason. Now it’s a habit.
- Is flossing really necessary? My gums always bleed from doing it. I understand doing it if i can see/feel that there’s food stuck between my teeth but other then that it just feels unnecessary. I brush my teeth twice a day and I use mouthwash.
- In Fabulous it says that flossing can save your life, how is that? Are there really brands of floss containing toxic materials? What are the toxins?
- How to I get in to the habit of flossing again?
- Do you have a routine for the Floss habit?
- Do you floss morning and night or just nights?
Floss picks! I don’t really understand why I like them so much better than regular floss, and sometimes I feel guilty about how much plastic they waste, but they’re the only thing that’s gotten me to keep a regular flossing habit.
Why do you hate it? The gross factor? If so, use as much length as you need to feel comfortable and place used pieces on a paper towel, then wrap the used pieces before throwing it away. Is it having to shove your hands in your mouth? If so, buy one of those floss staff things for extra comfrot!
Definitely! But I remember listening to an interview where they said the more you floss the easier it gets (especially after the first week). Plus it’s good for your dental hygiene, and after hearing my mum talk about gum grafts and harrowing periodontist visits – that’s more than enough to keep me motivated! Good luck, keep flossing!
Yes they do. The way I overcame it was to do it and see just how much gunge was stuck between my teeth even after a good brushing. It made me realise that brushing alone was not enough.
Flossing is good for you. I do it for 6 months, my gum is 2mm up on average and the pockets are gone. If floss proper is not for you, try interdental brushes instead, they are even better depending on whom you ask 🙂 Yes, it is annoying! Just do one tooth at a time, it will be over after just a few minutes. Do not consider the time as wasted but as an investment into yourself.
- How long do you floss
- What kind of floss / flosser do you use?
- Do you guys wash the string for each teeth you floss or?
- How to do it properly?
- Do you floss at the same time every day?
- Do you start with your top teeth or bottom?
- How would I know I’m flossing effectively?
- How do you celebrate a flossing habit? Lol
- Do you floss regularly or is this a new habbit?
- How many times a day do you floss?