I try to write my to-dos in the morning. There are, of course, times when I need to adjust the list midday, but it starts my day with a bit more focus and established goals. However, I dont use my to-do list for work, rather for personal tasks around the home and needed errands, etc.
Typically I write my to do list in the morning but sometimes I find it easier to do it the night before so I can wake up and already know exactly what I need to do. Plus I can’t think of everything I have to do in the morning when I’m tired so I usually miss a few tasks.
The end of the previous day. I'm more likely to remember things I mean to do the following day than first thing in the morning
Evening before would probably be better, but i am too spent in the evening. As a morning person i do better writing them down first thing in the morning
Actually both. I would add anything I want to do tomorrow at the end of the day, and review and assign priorities the next morning.
I normally do it in the morning. However I have recently heard of the ivy lee method and that requires writing the to do list for the next day at bedtime. I’m going to try that.
I do both actually. In the morning I write down all the things I know I need to do, and in the evening I plan for things that have emerged during the day and write down some items not being completed and have to be moved to another day.
Write it at the end of day for the following day. That way your mind is clear when you go to bed and is free to dream and think up new things for you to do.
I write it at the end of prvious day.I also write the things done tonday because if you focus only on things you have to complete then it puts a bit more stress on you.
- Is it bad if I do not accomplish all the tasks in my to do list?
- How far in advance do you put tasks on your to do list? I am a big procrastinator and if I see something on my to do list that’s not due for a while I tend to just ignore it. Any suggestions on how to solve this?
- How far ahead should one write their list.. i.e. daily, weekly or monthly?
- Is it any way to make do to list more creative but still keep them simple?
- What strategies do you use to prioritize & organize “to do now” vs “to do later” tasks?
- How to make sure you stick to your list when something else that you need to finish first just popped out?
- How to make a to do list more interesting?
- time management? How to be more effective with time? I am a person who cares a lot about details, and in my work, I tend to refine concepts a lot. I find myself time swept often and offset my to do’s.
- How can I do a ideal write to do list? Can you share an example
- How do you manage your energy Vs. Your ambition (i.e. multiplicity of projects you want to do) ?