I actually use both methods. I have a journal I log everything in and also use the Fitbit and my fitness pal apps as well.
I thought about using apps but then I decided on getting a journal instead I like to write then type if that makes sense.
I use my Apple Watch for exercise tracking. In the work-out app I have the option for different types of exercises for tracking and I can choose my goal in time, distance, calories or choose an open goal. It will let me know when I’m halfway through my goal and will also let me know when I have reached it. I’m also able to track my heart rate throughout the entire exercise.
I use apps. three of them. First I use the app from my gym. It allows me to sign up for class which instills some accountability. It also keeps a log for me of what I have done there, and how many calories I burned doing those activities. I like to see that! I also use a food tracking app which pulls those calorie expenditures in from the gym app. even if I don’t register every single thing i eat, i use that as a guide for my eating ha caloric expenditure.
i also use fabulous now and am building a separate habit of a quick morning exercise session daily in addition to my full sessions (2-3x per week) at the gym.
i am feeling stronger everyday.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.