I also stretch after to relieve some tightness, increase blood flow and give the lactic acid room to drain quickly.
I stretch a lot
It's good to stretch before and after your workout.
I normally do about 3-5 mins of stretching before working out.
Then a 10 min walk on the treadmill or outside. Or 3-5 mins in a dry sauna fully clothed. Both help to warm up your body before a a work out.
Then about 5-10 mins of stretching after working out.
After is part of the cool down and makes sure blood is getting through all the vessels it needs to, and lessens the chance of stiffness or soreness centralised in muscles
- What are your favourite neck stretches?
- Which stretched do you find most useful to relieve joint pain and lower back pain ?
- Do you stretch longer than the required minute?
- How long it’s effective to keep each stretching position?
- Do you think that regular progressive stretching will make your joints be more flexible?
- What is a good stretch for the neck
- When you stretch do you feel where you are stretching with you’re hand?
- I hurt my left lower leg when walking , in back , wonder what stretch to best do in order to get normal leg movement again ?
- How do you feel when stretching?
- What are the best quick and easy yet proven effective stretch exercises? And best exercises for me being a 45 year old health concise person be please.