I also stretch after to relieve some tightness, increase blood flow and give the lactic acid room to drain quickly.
I stretch a lot
It's good to stretch before and after your workout.
I normally do about 3-5 mins of stretching before working out.
Then a 10 min walk on the treadmill or outside. Or 3-5 mins in a dry sauna fully clothed. Both help to warm up your body before a a work out.
Then about 5-10 mins of stretching after working out.
After is part of the cool down and makes sure blood is getting through all the vessels it needs to, and lessens the chance of stiffness or soreness centralised in muscles
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?