Not really. Maybe I am using different than others. I’m not sure but doing it is usually my reward. But if it was a tough task then yes. I will do something that isn’t necessarily what I do often, like go out for lunch or dinner or order in. Or pick up an Adult Coloring Book of Mandela’s and use my favorite Colored Pencils or watch my favorite sitcom. Most often though, Deep Work is something others may not necessarily find pleasurable but for me it feels cathartic.
- I have questions about other things that I am doing. Sometimes I’m unable to do the things that I should at the right time. And when I’m unable to do it, I do it at the wrong time. Like, instead of sleeping, I do the work that I didn’t complete during the afternoon period. How am I supposed to complete the task at the right time?
- I cannot seem to organise my deep work session. I just dive in and start working in a scattered way on whatever seems more urgent and making me the most stressed. Then I get to the end and panic that I have not done anything. Any suggestions?
- What is the best way to focus on the work and not get distracted?
- How do you choose which Deep Work activity you do?
- What do you do to get away from the phone as distraction?
i usually just smile in front of the mirror and thank myself for trying to be a better person, it might sound kinda strange but it’s amazing
Yes I reward myself by praising for accomplishment. It gives greater satisfaction than waiting for others to appreciate
Well, the sense of accomplishment and decrease in anxiety is a huge boost. But I also often reward myself with a stretch, look out the window and some tea 🙂
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?