Not really. Maybe I am using different than others. I’m not sure but doing it is usually my reward. But if it was a tough task then yes. I will do something that isn’t necessarily what I do often, like go out for lunch or dinner or order in. Or pick up an Adult Coloring Book of Mandela’s and use my favorite Colored Pencils or watch my favorite sitcom. Most often though, Deep Work is something others may not necessarily find pleasurable but for me it feels cathartic.
- How do you get into the “zone” when you have to do something you don’t want to do?
- What your best tip to develop self control?
- I am terrible at concentrating, specially because of the internal negative self-talk. How do you postpone or eradicate altogether the negative self-talk during deep work sessions?
- What to do when you finish the task before the time you saved for your deep work?
- How do I focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing?
i usually just smile in front of the mirror and thank myself for trying to be a better person, it might sound kinda strange but it’s amazing
Yes I reward myself by praising for accomplishment. It gives greater satisfaction than waiting for others to appreciate
Well, the sense of accomplishment and decrease in anxiety is a huge boost. But I also often reward myself with a stretch, look out the window and some tea 🙂
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?