I have a hard time focusing, so I prefer guided meditations. You tube has a lot of good free meditations for everything.
Usually I prefer guided meditation because it helps me to concentrate on something other than just my thoughts and there's lots of meditations for different purposes, however if I feel more troubled or stuck in some situation then I'll go for just calming sounds and focus on how I'm feeling and my thoughts. This way I can check up on myself and put things into prepective as well as ground myself in the present moment. As for tips, for me putting mindfulness into practice throughout the day's activities helps me to see better the benefits of meditation and thus keeping me motivated to keep going.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??
- Is it hard for you to focus?