No I don’t think that would work for me as my meditation consists of being aware of my breath, aware of thoughts and aware of being in the moment aka mindfulness. Lots of questions pop into my head during the meditation (I call them distractions) and I think the question that pops into my head just before meditation is no more ‘useful’ than any question I think of at another point of the day. I’ve heard it suggested to ‘seed’ your meditation with a question at the beginning and then just meditate without returning to the question so that is something I want to try.
I turn on a guided meditation record and meditate to it. It is yet difficult for me to keep the mind from wandering on my own, without help
No. I usually focus on breaths or listen to guided meditations or some spiritual/Christian meditations. You can find guided meditations on youtube.
I’m not there yet. I try to focus on being present in the moment and meditate on how I can be present in all aspects of living
Never. I have other processes for getting illumination on any questions for me (and this is just me, of course), meditation is about disengaging from thinking and just being.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?