Such a coincidence that this question came up when it did. I've always meditated lying down as that's the only way I found relaxing (my lower back hurts sitting up for 10 minutes which is a separate issue). Lately though I've been getting up early and since I meditate in the evenings, I found myself drifting off when I lie down. So will try sitting half up today. Think if you're not falling asleep and feel most comfortable lying down, then that should be fine
- For how long do you meditate and why?
- How do I maintain a routine/habit on a day when I just don’t feel like it?
- Do you use noise-canceling headphones?
- Does anyone else find it hard to breathe long breaths? I breathe shallow and it makes it hard to meditate in classes cause the breaths are so long.
- I’m having trouble with running out of time at the end of the night to practice meditation. I either stay up later to do it or I miss it and go to bed on time. Any advice?
I usually meditate in bed before I get up, so I am laying down, but I try to prop myself up a bit so that I'm not laying flat, else I fall back to sleep.
It depends what I'm trying to get out of it and what time of day it is. If its the morning, or I want to feel energised after, I do it sitting. If it's before bed and I want to relax, I do it lying down.
You can choose either but my first one is lying down. Instead of pressing snooze for 10 minutes I use that time for a mediation session which really gives me a good start to the day.
I have started meditating by sitting on a pillow on the floor. I find this helps me focus on proper posture while breathing.
- When meditating should I do it in the same place every time or do it where it’s best?
- How many hours a day do you meditate?
- How do you make sure you meditate every morning?
- What do you think are the disadvantages of meditating with ambient music?
- What to think while meditating?
- What changes did you see after practicing meditation in your personal and professional life? What time do you find is the best for doing it?
- What do you struggle with during meditation?
- When do you meditate? In the morning or before you go to sleep? I often feel like I’m falling asleep when I do it at night and that’s not it’s purpose.
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silent?
- I found myself dozing off during meditation, I try to use a meditation app but if I’m sleepy, it’s not going to work. Any suggestions?