I usually meditate in bed before I get up, so I am laying down, but I try to prop myself up a bit so that I'm not laying flat, else I fall back to sleep.
Such a coincidence that this question came up when it did. I've always meditated lying down as that's the only way I found relaxing (my lower back hurts sitting up for 10 minutes which is a separate issue). Lately though I've been getting up early and since I meditate in the evenings, I found myself drifting off when I lie down. So will try sitting half up today. Think if you're not falling asleep and feel most comfortable lying down, then that should be fine
It depends what I'm trying to get out of it and what time of day it is. If its the morning, or I want to feel energised after, I do it sitting. If it's before bed and I want to relax, I do it lying down.
I have started meditating by sitting on a pillow on the floor. I find this helps me focus on proper posture while breathing.
You can choose either but my first one is lying down. Instead of pressing snooze for 10 minutes I use that time for a mediation session which really gives me a good start to the day.
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?