Such a coincidence that this question came up when it did. I've always meditated lying down as that's the only way I found relaxing (my lower back hurts sitting up for 10 minutes which is a separate issue). Lately though I've been getting up early and since I meditate in the evenings, I found myself drifting off when I lie down. So will try sitting half up today. Think if you're not falling asleep and feel most comfortable lying down, then that should be fine
- How can I relax my body fully? I constantly feel tension in my legs or even face muscles. Do you have any advice on this?
- What are the differences you notice when you meditate?
- How do you cope with automatic negative thoughts and distorted self-perception? What strategies do you use?
- I’ve never tried an “unguided” meditation or mindfulness experience. How do I start?
- It is really difficult for me to concentrate and relax when meditating. Any suggestions?
I usually meditate in bed before I get up, so I am laying down, but I try to prop myself up a bit so that I'm not laying flat, else I fall back to sleep.
It depends what I'm trying to get out of it and what time of day it is. If its the morning, or I want to feel energised after, I do it sitting. If it's before bed and I want to relax, I do it lying down.
You can choose either but my first one is lying down. Instead of pressing snooze for 10 minutes I use that time for a mediation session which really gives me a good start to the day.
I have started meditating by sitting on a pillow on the floor. I find this helps me focus on proper posture while breathing.
- How much time does it take to make meditation a habit?
- How do you meditate when you’re not in the spiritual mood and nothing feels connective?
- What is meditation definition?
- What are different ways of improving focus while I am studying? Can meditation help me in this?
- What does meditation mean?
- Can l meditate lying down?
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep