I use a combination! My to-dos are mainly for tasks that I want to accomplish that day. I use the 1-3-5 method I learned from Fabulous: 1 Big Thing, 3 Most Important Tasks, and 5 Small Tasks. The 5s are usually my real To-Dos; things like laundry, dinner, etc. If I get them done early, I add more to keep it at 5. The 3s help me wade through the stuff that needs doing, to focus on what's important. 3s will usually take time, maybe a couple hours each. For me, this will usually be a task for the day, but I WILL use a 3 for my habits if I need to – for example, to reserve time for exercise in a busy day. For my 1 Important Thing, I often use that for the current Fabulous Challenge, so I remember to keep track of it all day. Some days my 1 is self-care; some days it's for a big work project. I really love this system, and I feel that it works for me!
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??