I use a combination! My to-dos are mainly for tasks that I want to accomplish that day. I use the 1-3-5 method I learned from Fabulous: 1 Big Thing, 3 Most Important Tasks, and 5 Small Tasks. The 5s are usually my real To-Dos; things like laundry, dinner, etc. If I get them done early, I add more to keep it at 5. The 3s help me wade through the stuff that needs doing, to focus on what's important. 3s will usually take time, maybe a couple hours each. For me, this will usually be a task for the day, but I WILL use a 3 for my habits if I need to – for example, to reserve time for exercise in a busy day. For my 1 Important Thing, I often use that for the current Fabulous Challenge, so I remember to keep track of it all day. Some days my 1 is self-care; some days it's for a big work project. I really love this system, and I feel that it works for me!
- How do you prioritize immediate needs versus long-term goals?
- How do you keep yourself on track with your to-do list? Sometimes I continue adding to my list until it is almost too full….how do you limit your list?
- Where do you write your to-do list?
- How do I keep up with my morning routine if I’m running late for work? Any tips or tricks?
- Fabulous suggests we do our to-do lists on paper, but wouldn’t an app be so much easier? We already carry our phones with us everywhere so you’re less likely to lose it, and they’re easier to maintain. What do you guys think? Do you prefer digital to-do lists?
- What happens when you don’t have anything to do?
- Share your to do list templates/techniques
- How can I effectively stick to my to do list?
- What do you do when you don’t complete everything on your to do list? How do you not feel defeated?
- What to do items can you make into routines or habits instead?
- How do you balance making your to do list both feasible and inspiring? (If my to do list is only things I know I can get done in a day it is too simple and makes me not feel like I will achieve the things I want to
- I’m interested to know how many todo lists others have
- How far should I scale back my expectations when I fail? What if I fail every time for the rest of my life?
- How many items do you write in your To-do?
- How do you make time for yourself with 5 kids and a husband who works 12-14 hours a day?