Examples: My wife really likes classes at Orange Theory Fitness, but I prefer to just go to the free gym at our apartments. She LIKES howOrange Theory makes her feel, but the REAL motivation to go is that she is paying for it and doesn't want to waste her money.
I find walking on the treadmill extremely tedious so I get my cardio by attending a Barre Class twice a week. Basically this is a ballet inspired fitness class.
For stretching, I attend Yoga once a week but also another Les Mills class called Body Balance which mixes Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates. These classes are excellent for the mind but also help with recovery from my cardio and resistance training.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.