First, congratulations for going to the gym, some people won't go because they feel unfit for a gym.
Now, what I do is that I focus only myself, and try my best not to compare my body with others. If you are new at the gym, and in order to gain some extra confidence, avoid hours when the gym is full of people..go on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday early morning. Ask for assistance from the coaches, that's your right.
People who look "great" at the gym were not born that "great", they learned it..it is a process.
So just keep going to the gym, focus on yourself, being short is not something you can change, but you can certainly lose weight. Good luck.
You are great and beautiful the way you are.
But pay attention you have some ability that no one have
It’s just you and no one can do what you can you’re worthy even you’re short or tall and people around you ….
They just started few days ago. 😊
Try to remember that you are doing a great thing by getting started, just like all those people had to at some point as well. Perhaps they were even in a similar situation like you. Give them then benefit of the doubt that they won't judge. They may even help encourage or teach you some of what you know. Good luck!
Otherwise, something that might help is joining a class, I find it less stressful, personally.
If working out at home isn't an option, try listening to music, I find it helps me to cut me from the world.
But mostly, don't forget, YOU'RE WORKING HARDER THAN THEM. YOU'RE BRAVER. For them it's easy, they're already fit and in shape. They should be impressed by YOU. And if they're not, then they're morons and who care what they think?
Besides when I exercise I do it for the love of it. Like, when I go running I like to spread my arms out and pretend I’m flying … that is particularly fun when running around a corner or bend in the trail. I don’t feel like I can do that at the gym. So I don’t go and I try to hit the trail, or dance around my house, or work in my yard, or anything else but go to the gym and be judged.
It helps me to listen to music and get really focused on my workout. Focus on you and not the show going on around you and it will get much easier. You can do this!
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴