First, congratulations for going to the gym, some people won't go because they feel unfit for a gym.
Now, what I do is that I focus only myself, and try my best not to compare my body with others. If you are new at the gym, and in order to gain some extra confidence, avoid hours when the gym is full of people..go on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday early morning. Ask for assistance from the coaches, that's your right.
People who look "great" at the gym were not born that "great", they learned it..it is a process.
So just keep going to the gym, focus on yourself, being short is not something you can change, but you can certainly lose weight. Good luck.
You are great and beautiful the way you are.
But pay attention you have some ability that no one have
It’s just you and no one can do what you can you’re worthy even you’re short or tall and people around you ….
They just started few days ago. 😊
Try to remember that you are doing a great thing by getting started, just like all those people had to at some point as well. Perhaps they were even in a similar situation like you. Give them then benefit of the doubt that they won't judge. They may even help encourage or teach you some of what you know. Good luck!
Otherwise, something that might help is joining a class, I find it less stressful, personally.
If working out at home isn't an option, try listening to music, I find it helps me to cut me from the world.
But mostly, don't forget, YOU'RE WORKING HARDER THAN THEM. YOU'RE BRAVER. For them it's easy, they're already fit and in shape. They should be impressed by YOU. And if they're not, then they're morons and who care what they think?
Besides when I exercise I do it for the love of it. Like, when I go running I like to spread my arms out and pretend I’m flying … that is particularly fun when running around a corner or bend in the trail. I don’t feel like I can do that at the gym. So I don’t go and I try to hit the trail, or dance around my house, or work in my yard, or anything else but go to the gym and be judged.
It helps me to listen to music and get really focused on my workout. Focus on you and not the show going on around you and it will get much easier. You can do this!
- What’s a good exercise routine you can do in a second level apartment that isn’t too noisy?
- What kind of exercise do you do? And before or after a morning shower?
- How do you make time for exercise? I am in a position where I have to choose between exercising and sleep. I am struggling with this!
- Will you see some changes in your body after doing morning exercises for some time?
- Yes, I was ill 2 weeks, I didn’t want to work out because I felt very tired. I would welcome some advice what to do in this situation.
- When you get up late and all your plans and routines seem broken – what do you do? Do you give up for the day?
- What’s your trick for keeping a consistent workout routine?
- In what order do you perform your habits?
- What kind of exercise do you actually look forward to?
- How do you get back on track with excerising after unplanned breaks?