A smoothy always works but for some you who may still be hungry you can have along with the smoothy banana pancackes or pancackes, avocado toaste or hashbrowns. The smoothy just makes sure you get a fruit in your diet.
If you are not on the go, then a tasty and easy breakfast is oats with milk or yogurt, a chopped banana and a bit of cinnamon. If you are looking for something on the go, preparing something the night before, such as a wrap, would be a good idea as you can just grab this and eat it on the way to school or work.
Fruit is great to get an initial boost of energy and peanut butter helps to prolong it, so I like to eat a combination of these in the mornings. If I know I'll be in a rush in the morning I'll prepare overnight oats the night before, otherwise yogurt/granola is a good shout. If I have a little more time then porridge is great – especially when the mornings are cold and grey!
Dairy free yogurt topped with 1 serving of gluten-free granola and some blueberries. Boost your protein with a serving of vegan breakfast patties (just be sure to read the ingredients list and make sure these contain real food!)
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.