You can prepare it the night before
You can do it the way you like and it’s nice and really helps in weight loss
Also pre-make a batch of hard boiled eggs, so you can grab one to eat with the smoothie.
You could also go for a savoury breakfast and cook up some eggs with some veggies, like spinach, and eat your favorite carb source with it.
I suggest you to try out chia pudding as well, it's easy to make (you could even prep it the night before) and it's very nutritious.
They're not my favourite, but you could give a go to smoothies and smoothie bowls too. You can experiment with different ingredients, different consistencies and different toppings.
[If you're vegan, you can substitute milk and yoghurt with non-dairy alternatives and eggs with your preferred protein sources — I've never tried eggs substitutes and I don't know about their nutrients content, sooo…]
– fruit salad
– oatmeal with fruit, some seeds, and/or some almonds, nuts… (or you can just buy an already prepared mix in the store)
– omelette with just eggs and chopped olives, and in addition to that some orange juice or fresh tomatoes (I personally love this one)
– boiled or fried eggs, and whatever you have at home at the moment 🙂
Wholegrain cereals such as granola (just be mindful of the sugar content as some are high in sugar)
Everything premade is easy in the morning, so you could do some chickpea flour pancakes and get the batter prepped in the evening.
Smoothies are also a good option if you have a few bananas and other produce around, the better the blender the easier it will be. These won't keep you full for too long though
And the authors days fresh fruit shake, with almond milk 😉
Breakfast smoothie with berries and oats
Fried eggs if you have time – best breakfast
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.