Before a few weeks ago, I hadn’t consistently eaten in the mornings is 10 years. I’m not a morning person; I tend to wake up late and rush out of the door. Breakfast isn’t a priority to my half-asleep brain.
My secret to finally jumping on the breakfast bandwagon? I make it the night before, and my partner shares the load. Usually, I scramble a couple of eggs for each of us and warm them up for a few seconds in the morning. She does it on days I’m running late, so I don’t have to be perfect to stay on track! That setup takes away the effort from eating- and I make my eggs taste good, so I actually want them!
Sometimes, if we’re both running late, we’ll grab a piece of fruit or healthy-ish granola bar and eat it on the way to work. It’s not ideal, but it works in a pinch. I’d definitely recommend having those as a fallback, especially if you don’t have someone to help on the inevitable slow-moving mornings.
So conclusion: I spend 10-ish minutes prepping the night before, which means I only need about a minute and a half in the morning for a great breakfast. I have two fallbacks- one social, one quick & easy. I hope that serves a a good starting point! Happy living well!
You could eat some seeds or nuts.
That's my solutions when I am in a hurry.
I hope you could apply in your busy mornings.
Have a nice day!
I also prepare my coffee machine the night before so that all I have to do in the morning is press the start button. You can also try overnight oats.
Additionally, I don’t know what makes your mornings super busy but maybe the solution isn’t finding quick breakfasts but fixing why you have super busy mornings in the first place. Even if you find a quick breakfast solution, a super busy morning may leave you frazzled and reactive, rather than proactive, throughout your day. So I think what you should really be doing is waking up a little earlier to ensure a calm start to your day, where you’re in control and setting the pace.
Or eat leftovers from the day before.
You can also skip breakfast. We never used to eat breakfast or 3-6X a day. Thats a modern habit, and look at the state of peoples health and weight.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.