Also: I will always hate doing dishes. When I do dishes, I listen to my favourite podcasts so I link the chore with a reward. It works for me.
Break down your housework into categories (rooms/areas in your house) and then break them down again into the smaller, physical chores. Make a schedule/to do list of the different areas, with each chore underneath.
When you tick off each chore, give yourself a small reward! This could be a treat, or maybe 5 minutes to put your feet up and check your phone. When you’ve completed a whole area or rooms chores, give yourself a bigger reward! Like painting your nails or watching a programme on television – something that makes you relax and feel good.
You could even print your chart out and laminate it, and then use a whiteboard pen to mark it. This way you can use it each week to get all of your housework done!
Incentive based work often helps you to be more productive because you can see end goals, and rewards are never too far away if you use small treats to celebrate small accomplishments. You hopefully won’t get too bored and unmotivated this way!
Hope that helps😊
- How do you clean up large spaces and big projects in a short amount of time?
- What’s your favourite cleaning music?
- Any tips for going through junk drawers? I am struggling…
- How are you tidyng up your room?
- When do you schedule your clean and tidy up habit in Fabulous?
- How do you know when to stop cleaning? There’s always more to do!
- How do you stay motivated to clean when you are depressed?
- How can I keep stuffed animals in good condition and free of collecting any dust or things of that sort?
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!