I usually take the approach of offering to do a chore together or having one each to do at the same time before we get to sit down and relax together. It helps if you aim to do it as soon as you get in so you're not tempted to sit down and make excuses for not doing it.
I like to explain why helping me in turn helps him. I.e. I’m less stressed so he doesn’t have to deal with an anxious, crabby wife. I have more time to make a delicious dinner. Happy wife, happy life.
- What are three simple cleaning habits you do that take little time but significantly enhance your joy?
- How to maintain the eagerness to clean?
- What is your system for papers (mail, forms, etc)? It ends up cluttering or getting lost most of the time.
- How do I keep my room clean it seems to get messy all the time.
- How do you build cleaning into your routine?
- Any suggestion regarding clean habit?
- Do you keep things organized so you can have your home neat and tidy or do you like the lived in look, translation, do you like it messy?
- What is your best laundry tip? I feel like I do it constantly. I’d love to free up time.
- How do you keep small objects and paper clutter organized?
- How do you not get lazy and let the habit slip away?