I hope that helps.
Most of my exercise is during the commute to work, which involved about 2000-2500 steps each way. Throughout the day, I would take the stairs, walk around the office, and other small exercise. By the end of the day, I would have accumulated more than 10,000 steps and that’s my exercise for the day!
I would also do stretching, sit ups and push ups once I get home, just before shower so I still have the energy to exercise.
Hope this helps!
Treat your exercise like I treat my dog's bladder. It needs tending to in order to keep the peace in your world. Depression and anxiety thoughts are like pet messes on the carpet: it's better to keep them from happening in the first place than it is to clean them up try to keep them from staining once they happen.
If your schedule is flexible, you can bring that work out to a later time and think of who can join you to keep you accountable. I go to the gym around lunch time most times, since I have a friend who I go with at that time and we motivate each other. Also, I feel like that's when I have the most energy. Whenever I miss that I'll find a way to go for a quick run in the evening.
Another good way to get moving is signing up for a class which you have to pay for in advance. If you've already paid a semester of dance classes, for example, you'll be less likely to miss since you'll be wanting to get the most value out of your hard earned money. This is a good option if you can only find time to exercise in the evenings, but normally feel tired after work and you find it harder to motivate yourself at that time.
I also go to the gym regularly. I found splitting my workout per day is beneficial, especially with the strength training app. The App has images of exercise to do so that helps me visually see how to do it. I think to progress I need to start picking (planning) which exercises I will be doing.
- Have you used The Fabulous’s exercise?
- How do you create time for exercise?
- Which exercise is better: yoga or a cardio workout?
- I’m finding the 8 min exercise routine every morning slightly tedious. I prefer to go to a yoga class or the gym or walk to work. What do you do in those 8 min to make it fun and worthwhile?
- What to do when your back hurts?
- How do you celebrate after a training session?
- How do you get motivated to do exercise when you don’t feel like it?
- What kind of exercises do you prefer for the morning?
- How to push yourself when you exercise alone?
- Which type of workouts do you do?