- How do you observe your breathing without controlling it?
- Yes, how many others fall asleep and/ or had out of body experiences? That would be interesting.
- When you meditate do you focus purely on your breathing or are you trying to be aware of the present moment?
- What kind of meditation do you usually preform? Any good books to deepen my insight?
- What helps you to be happy when you are sad or in drama?
Every time you find yourself able to direct your thoughts or quiet your worries; know that your meditation is working…
To make a long story short, I noticed, gradually, over time, that I just felt better throughout my day. I noticed things more easily and I started to realize what being relaxed actually felt like. So for me-I know meditation is working because my body and mind quietly tell me so.
As for “doing it right” -there really is no “right” way. There’s lots of traditions and the inevitable set of rules some people try to force. You have to follow your own instincts here. And having a framework for your mind to start at, is important. Learning that beginning framework from a tradition you are drawn to is a good place to start. For me, I know I’m meditating deeply when I reach a place-that is just still, like sitting at the bottom of the ocean and watching everything go on above me, but I’m not involved. Just watching. Drifting. Calm.
Hope this helps 🙂
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?