To make a long story short, I noticed, gradually, over time, that I just felt better throughout my day. I noticed things more easily and I started to realize what being relaxed actually felt like. So for me-I know meditation is working because my body and mind quietly tell me so.
As for “doing it right” -there really is no “right” way. There’s lots of traditions and the inevitable set of rules some people try to force. You have to follow your own instincts here. And having a framework for your mind to start at, is important. Learning that beginning framework from a tradition you are drawn to is a good place to start. For me, I know I’m meditating deeply when I reach a place-that is just still, like sitting at the bottom of the ocean and watching everything go on above me, but I’m not involved. Just watching. Drifting. Calm.
Hope this helps 🙂
Every time you find yourself able to direct your thoughts or quiet your worries; know that your meditation is working…
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?