Try to make your meditation the same amount at the same time every day. If you fall asleep during mediation, don't worry! Mediation is a skill to be honed like any other. If you continually find yourself falling asleep, try meditating in the morning as part of your morning routine.
- Are there any other positions (not sitting) one can try while meditating? It is hard for me to sit straight for too long due to my sciatica.
- Why is meditation important for you?
- How long do you feel you need to meditate for it to be effective?
- What is the one thing you find gets you stuck when meditating?
- Is it true that 10 minutes of meditation is enough to obtain great results?
Hans Georg Schlesinger
Meditation can be done 10-15 minutes or even 15-20 minutes but 20 minutes is long enough. I do about the same time whether its morning or night. Honestly anywhere between 10-20 minutes is fine n twice a day is usually good. If you are falling asleep try meditating sitting up instead of laying down.
It’s okay to fall asleep. Meditation has one goal: to notice how you are right now. At least you are noticing you’re sleepy, you’re alive. There is no pass or fail for meditation-there is only showing up. An old Zen saying goes “if you don’t have time to meditate for an hour, meditate for 2 hours…” you will find your inner clock expanded by learning to free yourself of your own restrictions. Peace and blessings on your journey.
So, your first two questions will depend on you. That being said, there is always the option for your third question, you could intentionally meditate in bed right bef sleep, so if you fall asleep in the middle it won't matter. Or if you have the choice for setting your own interval bells, have a final chime that is loud enough, or set an alarm with a gentle tone a few minutes after you're supposed to finish meditating if you need to do something else afterwards.
Meditate for as long as you like. I like to do 10 minutes each time. Falling asleep is not a big deal, but be sitting – lying down is a little too chill
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?