Josefo Das neves
I use a great app for sleep named deep sleep with Andrew Johnson and have started using a nice meditation app named Pacifica
- What types of meditation do you find you like the best?
- What time of the day do people also meditate to clear their mind?
- How long should each meditation session be?
- Is it bad if you fall asleep? I’m trying to be still, but sometimes I think that if I cut off my circulation that is not a good thing.
- At what time of the day do you like to mediate?
I usually use the insight timer app and sit mindfully for 20 min. Currently I am signed up in Sharon Salzburg’s 30 day meditation. The lessons aren’t like g and it’s helping kickstart my return to meditation.
I've just started so I'm going thru a lot of different options. The one constant that I'm doing and is helping me sleep is an app called deep sleep with Andrew Johnson
I prefer the zen mindful method. 3 books I’d recommend are zen mind- beginners mind, the way of zen, and zen meditation in plain English.
For me it just depends on the time of day and the type of day I'm having. Some days my kids are driving me crazy and I need patience and understanding… Other days I'm feeling anxious so I'll need something quick that focuses solely on the breath or if I have some time, I'll choose body scan or yoga nidra.
Some mornings I’ll do a meditation to nature sounds. Other mornings I’ll do a guided meditation. YOUTUBE is a great resource for guided meditations. I like Gabby Bernstein. I also do guided meditation by Dr Wayne Dyer that I found on Apple Music.
I started with Eckhart Tolle’s book The Power of Now to try out meditation on my own. Although I found this a good start what really got me to understand and practice mindfulness and meditation was playing with different meditation apps until I found one that I related to the most which was 10% Happier. It had great guided meditations which then also has transitioned me to start doing unguided meditations.
- How do you meditate? What should meditating consist of? How can I make it most effective?
- How long did you meditate for when your first started?
- How do you maintain your habits when recovering from an injury?
- Does meditation ever get easier with practice?
- How much, how long and how often do you meditate?
- How does you meditation routine look? Do you do it in the morning or evening, etc.?
- How often per day, how long, and what kind of meditation do you have?
- What is the basic right technique for meditation?
- How do you get your mind to stay centered when you meditate? Mine keeps drifting into thoughts?
- How did you start meditating?