Josefo Das neves
I use a great app for sleep named deep sleep with Andrew Johnson and have started using a nice meditation app named Pacifica
I usually use the insight timer app and sit mindfully for 20 min. Currently I am signed up in Sharon Salzburg’s 30 day meditation. The lessons aren’t like g and it’s helping kickstart my return to meditation.
I've just started so I'm going thru a lot of different options. The one constant that I'm doing and is helping me sleep is an app called deep sleep with Andrew Johnson
I prefer the zen mindful method. 3 books I’d recommend are zen mind- beginners mind, the way of zen, and zen meditation in plain English.
For me it just depends on the time of day and the type of day I'm having. Some days my kids are driving me crazy and I need patience and understanding… Other days I'm feeling anxious so I'll need something quick that focuses solely on the breath or if I have some time, I'll choose body scan or yoga nidra.
Some mornings I’ll do a meditation to nature sounds. Other mornings I’ll do a guided meditation. YOUTUBE is a great resource for guided meditations. I like Gabby Bernstein. I also do guided meditation by Dr Wayne Dyer that I found on Apple Music.
I started with Eckhart Tolle’s book The Power of Now to try out meditation on my own. Although I found this a good start what really got me to understand and practice mindfulness and meditation was playing with different meditation apps until I found one that I related to the most which was 10% Happier. It had great guided meditations which then also has transitioned me to start doing unguided meditations.
- How often/long do you meditate?
- How do you keep meditating and focused?
- At what point in your routine do you meditate: if morning, before/after breakfast; if at night, early/later on in routine?
- Do you meditate in the morning or at night?
- Is it normal for thoughts during meditation to be kind of loud and busy?
- Which meditation do you practice on a daily basis?
- I prefer to meditate at midday. Why does Fabulous insist in meditating in the morning?
- What audio do you use to meditate? If you use any.
- Does it really matter if I do it in the afternoon because I have no time in the morning?
- Do you prefer meditating alone or with a group and why?