Green smoothies are popular and can be done in a healthy way. (Without lots of added sugar…and even without too much fruit.) Good luck!
P.S. The recipe for both is really long to type but I hope Google helps you out and you try this dish ❤️✨
Roasted/ steamed/ sautéed with garlic, olive oil, salt + pepper:
Broccoli, shredded carrots, asparagus, onions, sweet potato, any type of squash, zucchini, cauliflower, peppers, spinach, kale, tomato.
Add meat: deli ham, Turkey, bacon, sausage
Add shredded cheeses or slices or whatever cheese you have in the fridge.
There is literally no wrong way to make this.
To keep costs even lower or to stretch an extra day before going to the store for more veggies- keep frozen veggies on hand to use. Just drain them well.
Don’t forget to use you favorite spices to flavor this up!
But when we talk about vegetables… I guess I would go for a veggie omelet (made with veg leftovers from yesterday)
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.