I think it should not take you more than 5 hours per week to exercise (not backed up by science so please look it up!) – but I’m sure that over- exercising is just as bad for your body as not exercising enough!
Start with however long you’re comfortable with, then gradually increase you exercise session. The kind of exercise you do also matters – think of walking, which does not consume as much energy as running for the same period of time.
Lastly, you know your body more than anyone does – people have different needs and different energy levels. Therefore, start small and slowly increase the frequency/intensity of you exercising sessions, but make sure you’re not pushing yourself too hard. Also do keep an eye on how you eat – an appropriate diet plays a pivotal role in staying in shape.
- Do you stretch before or after exercising?
- Do I have to exercise 7 times a week?
- Do you feel more energetic after exercise?
- What’s your go to 8-minute exercise?
- How can I make my running habit more permanent?
- How can I really stick to an exercise habit?
- What exercise is best to do? I do different ones each day but I don’t know what I should stick with.
- Does it need to be the same exercise every day or can you mix it up a bit?
- What are good neck stretches?
- Do you switch it up every day or do you stick with one thing?