I think it should not take you more than 5 hours per week to exercise (not backed up by science so please look it up!) – but I’m sure that over- exercising is just as bad for your body as not exercising enough!
Start with however long you’re comfortable with, then gradually increase you exercise session. The kind of exercise you do also matters – think of walking, which does not consume as much energy as running for the same period of time.
Lastly, you know your body more than anyone does – people have different needs and different energy levels. Therefore, start small and slowly increase the frequency/intensity of you exercising sessions, but make sure you’re not pushing yourself too hard. Also do keep an eye on how you eat – an appropriate diet plays a pivotal role in staying in shape.
- Have you used The Fabulous’s exercise?
- How do you create time for exercise?
- Which exercise is better: yoga or a cardio workout?
- I’m finding the 8 min exercise routine every morning slightly tedious. I prefer to go to a yoga class or the gym or walk to work. What do you do in those 8 min to make it fun and worthwhile?
- What to do when your back hurts?
- How do you celebrate after a training session?
- How do you get motivated to do exercise when you don’t feel like it?
- What kind of exercises do you prefer for the morning?
- How to push yourself when you exercise alone?
- Which type of workouts do you do?