It’s time when I’m slow enough to face my fears I have a good look at them and turn them over in my hand.
A great way to build a meditation practice is to start with regular sittings where you focus on the breath. Count with a 1:2 ratio of breathing in and out (i.e. 4 seconds in, 8 seconds out).
Meditation hack: when focused on accurately counting the breath, you will find that it is impossible to think about anything else and it is much easier to let go of outside stress.
You can then start by filling that void with thoughts of gratitude and thankfulness; eventually you will be able to think of less and less in order to just be present in the moment with a sense of gratitude.
Meditation is a vast concept
- Do you find meditation more helpful in the morning or the evening?
- How do you keep yourself motivated and disciplined?
- How many hours should you meditate?
- What’s your length goal for meditating? How long do you want to be able to meditate for?
- How long do you meditate for and at what time of day?
- What is your main aim of meditation?
- What is the recommended amount of time to meditate?
- Is it normal to almost go into sleep, then awake in your mind in time for the end of meditation cycle?
- Is it better to do the same meditation multiple times in a row/use the same app/stick to the same teacher, or better to change it up and do a different meditation every day?
- When do you meditate? For how long?