Try to keep in mind that you did take the time to have a meditation session, and the session successfully relaxed your mind and body so much that you fell asleep, which are both good things.
If it is early enough in the day, I would try to meditate again later on. But if it is already evening, I would be happy with the session as is and go ahead and get ready for bed.
If you continue to fall asleep during meditation, I would recommend finding a different time of day for your session when you are more alert, and make sure to meditate seated, not laying down.
Congratulations on sticking to your meditation habit! I hope this is helpful for you!
- How do you feel after meditation?
- How do you meditate well through illness or feeling pain? I find I struggle to breathe gently if I’m snuffling with a heavy cold and find it difficult to find peaceful calm in the face of persistent pain. Does anyone have strategies for meditating through these sort of challenges?
- Do you feel that meditation helps you?
- When do you find it easier to meditate: early in the day or to help wind down at night?
- How does one move from guided meditations to self directed meditation?
- How do I suppose to feel when meditate?
- How often do you recommend meditation?
- Best application to help me meditate?
- What part of meditation is your favorite?
- How do you motivate yourself to accomplish your habits when you’re busy?