– Piece of fruit
– Chia pudding (prepared day before) different variations – with fruits, cacao, pieces of coco..
But as always, don't worry about it if you take a little more sugar, as long that is not an every day thing
Jerky and a spoon of peanut butter
Hard boiled egg and an orange
I always try to mix protein, good fat and some natural sugars to create complex carbohydrates for my body’s fuel. The protein and the complex carbs take longer for the body to break down staving off hunger until my next meal time!
Snacks are easy to prep in advance for your week ahead so you can always have something with you. Planning ahead helps keep me in tune with my performance statement on nutrition so I don’t fail!
If you like something a little more savoury, nuts that aren't salted are great (especially almonds), bread rolls and savoury biscuits are also good.
- I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. Will eating eggs everyday raise my levels?
- Does anyone have suggestions for easy breakfast that can be made ahead and brought to work?
- What breakfast foods are best for people with IBS?
- Anyone else on gluten and dairy free diet
- What do you do to maintain your eating habits when you’re a guest in someones home?
- What do you eat in a rush?
- What are some breakfast options to eat on the go?
- Favorite prepared night before quick breakfasts?
- How do I keep the motivation to make breakfast instead of just grabbing a proccesed snack?
- High protein vegan breakfast ideas?