My partner and I have taken to a nightly ritual- when we cook or eat, before we clean up, we scramble a couple of eggs for each of us. When we wake up and are running to get out the door, we pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds or so while the Keurig heats up and usually eat them in less than a minute.
For me, the key is that it’s easy, they taste good, and prep happens during dinner the night before. A tip: don’t just salt and pepper! Spice them up with flavors you love- I go for a little basil, oregano, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper on top of the salt and black pepper. Give yourself 10 minutes to cook & clean the night before, and you’ve got a 2-minute breakfast in the morning! It works for me, and I’m NOT a morning person. Good luck, and good work!
I used to stay in a homeless shelter that provided breakfast at 6am. They usually had old pastries, donuts, cereal, bagels muffins. Yummy sure, but they're all simple starches and simple starches get digested super fast and cause both a spike in your blood sugar and a huge drop in it, which signals your body that you need food. So I was always starving in the late morning because I couldn't get lunch before noon.
But some days, Wawa donated old breakfast sandwiches and I found that the sausage egg and cheese croissant had the most calories and kept me full all morning. You see, protein and carbs take longer for your body to turn into glucose, the simple sugar it uses for fuel. This slow and steady release of glucose into the system keeps your blood sugar stable for longer.
So now I try to eat fat, fiber and protein heavy breakfasts, which often take time, but I keep frozen breakfast sandwiches in the freezer for when I'm in a hurry.
1 cup of instant oatmeal
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1 scoop of whey protein
Some fruits / flavours I like
( Banana, peanut butter, instant coffee, whatever)
Almond milk to your liking to give you your consistency.
Blend it, put it in a to-go cup, and run out the door. Remember to rinse your instruments before you leave, tho!
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?
- What is the lightest acceptable breakfast for someone with a full hectic schedule?
- What’s a good breakfast option for vegans?
- What would you combine in an easy go-to, vegan, breakfast smoothie that includes all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a physically active working day?
- When is the best time to have breakfast?
- What are your plans to make sure you eat a good healthy breakfast every morning?
- I sometimes like to sprinkle grains, nuts and fruit on a green salad for breakfast. Is there any reason I shouldn’t eat a raw greens salad after my morning workout?
- Any quick protein rich vegan breakfasts? Need some ideas! Thanks 🙂
- How can I make a dairy-free omelette?