Another go to is raisin bran withe some pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed sprinkled on top. I like to put a bit of fruit on it….any kind on hand, milk or some protein shake.
Another go to is a piece of multi grain bread toasted topped with peanut butter. I also try to eat some fruit…whatever is on hand….bananas pair great as does an apple.
My last suggestion is 2tbs of nut butter of choice and sliced apple to dip into the nut butter. I use an apple slicer. They are not real expensive.
Oh another suggestion is some hummus with some pre- sliced veggies. I like bell peppers, celery (high in fiber) and carrots (baby).
Hope these suggestions help.
One last one….I always try to have frozen blueberries on hand. They pair well with yogurt (I prefer nonfat plain Greek and lowfat vanilla yogurt). If I want some more texture and fiber i add a bit of whole grain cereal (raisin bran or whatever you prefer) and some of my pre-ground flaxseed and chia sead mix. I combine ingredients until fully incorporated. I also eat this for dinner.
The premier protein shakes I order from Amazon…..they come in 12pack boxes. I also get my pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed (vanilla maple flavor…delicious) there.
You could also try sauteing a vegetable or two, like broccoli rabe and shallots, and making a single scrambled egg.
For breakfast you might choose a delicious green smoothie, a slice of whole grain toast with natural PB, a healthy muffin and a glass of milk, or an egg and a piece of fruit. Try to pair a carbohydrate (fruit or grain) with a protein (egg, dairy, cheese, or nuts), but don’t skip meals. It’s the fuel you need to keep going throughout the day.
- What do you do when you really do not want to eat in the morning?
- Any good protein shake options? Actually is there any protein mix I should try leaving the fitness stuff out?
- What means “The Great Breakfast”? Is it a breakfast with sandwich or eggs? Should coffee be included?
- What do you like to eat for breakfast to feel energized and able to concentrate?
- What would you consider as a healthy and tasty breakfast?
- What is a good sustaining healthy low fat breakfast?
- Is toast and peanut-buttergood for you ?
- Any breakfast ideas with fruits like oranges and apples?
- What kinda homemade breakfast is best for a vegetarian?
- What’s the most filling breakfast you have?