Another go to is raisin bran withe some pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed sprinkled on top. I like to put a bit of fruit on it….any kind on hand, milk or some protein shake.
Another go to is a piece of multi grain bread toasted topped with peanut butter. I also try to eat some fruit…whatever is on hand….bananas pair great as does an apple.
My last suggestion is 2tbs of nut butter of choice and sliced apple to dip into the nut butter. I use an apple slicer. They are not real expensive.
Oh another suggestion is some hummus with some pre- sliced veggies. I like bell peppers, celery (high in fiber) and carrots (baby).
Hope these suggestions help.
One last one….I always try to have frozen blueberries on hand. They pair well with yogurt (I prefer nonfat plain Greek and lowfat vanilla yogurt). If I want some more texture and fiber i add a bit of whole grain cereal (raisin bran or whatever you prefer) and some of my pre-ground flaxseed and chia sead mix. I combine ingredients until fully incorporated. I also eat this for dinner.
The premier protein shakes I order from Amazon…..they come in 12pack boxes. I also get my pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed (vanilla maple flavor…delicious) there.
For breakfast you might choose a delicious green smoothie, a slice of whole grain toast with natural PB, a healthy muffin and a glass of milk, or an egg and a piece of fruit. Try to pair a carbohydrate (fruit or grain) with a protein (egg, dairy, cheese, or nuts), but don’t skip meals. It’s the fuel you need to keep going throughout the day.
You could also try sauteing a vegetable or two, like broccoli rabe and shallots, and making a single scrambled egg.
- Any suggestions for a simple and great breakfast?
- I love protein powder though some can get clumpy. What are the protein powders you guys use?
- How do you measure calories?
- Do you have any nutrient-dense, raw food prep ideas for breakfast? I do a vegetarian meal in the morning, it’s very light and efficient to digest.
- What would be a good breakfast for a vegetarian who doesn’t eat eggs?
- When is the best time for breakfast in the morning after waking up?
- Could you still have things like waffles and pancakes for breakfast if you limit the syrup?
- What are some quick, healthy, on the go breakfast options you like to have?
- Coffee before or after breakfast?
- Hi! I eat some cereal biscuits, a banana, and drink tea every morning. Do you think this is a good breakfast or should I change something?