Another go to is raisin bran withe some pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed sprinkled on top. I like to put a bit of fruit on it….any kind on hand, milk or some protein shake.
Another go to is a piece of multi grain bread toasted topped with peanut butter. I also try to eat some fruit…whatever is on hand….bananas pair great as does an apple.
My last suggestion is 2tbs of nut butter of choice and sliced apple to dip into the nut butter. I use an apple slicer. They are not real expensive.
Oh another suggestion is some hummus with some pre- sliced veggies. I like bell peppers, celery (high in fiber) and carrots (baby).
Hope these suggestions help.
One last one….I always try to have frozen blueberries on hand. They pair well with yogurt (I prefer nonfat plain Greek and lowfat vanilla yogurt). If I want some more texture and fiber i add a bit of whole grain cereal (raisin bran or whatever you prefer) and some of my pre-ground flaxseed and chia sead mix. I combine ingredients until fully incorporated. I also eat this for dinner.
The premier protein shakes I order from Amazon…..they come in 12pack boxes. I also get my pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed (vanilla maple flavor…delicious) there.
You could also try sauteing a vegetable or two, like broccoli rabe and shallots, and making a single scrambled egg.
For breakfast you might choose a delicious green smoothie, a slice of whole grain toast with natural PB, a healthy muffin and a glass of milk, or an egg and a piece of fruit. Try to pair a carbohydrate (fruit or grain) with a protein (egg, dairy, cheese, or nuts), but don’t skip meals. It’s the fuel you need to keep going throughout the day.
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?
- What is the lightest acceptable breakfast for someone with a full hectic schedule?
- What’s a good breakfast option for vegans?
- What would you combine in an easy go-to, vegan, breakfast smoothie that includes all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a physically active working day?
- When is the best time to have breakfast?
- What are your plans to make sure you eat a good healthy breakfast every morning?
- I sometimes like to sprinkle grains, nuts and fruit on a green salad for breakfast. Is there any reason I shouldn’t eat a raw greens salad after my morning workout?
- Any quick protein rich vegan breakfasts? Need some ideas! Thanks 🙂
- How can I make a dairy-free omelette?