Another go to is raisin bran withe some pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed sprinkled on top. I like to put a bit of fruit on it….any kind on hand, milk or some protein shake.
Another go to is a piece of multi grain bread toasted topped with peanut butter. I also try to eat some fruit…whatever is on hand….bananas pair great as does an apple.
My last suggestion is 2tbs of nut butter of choice and sliced apple to dip into the nut butter. I use an apple slicer. They are not real expensive.
Oh another suggestion is some hummus with some pre- sliced veggies. I like bell peppers, celery (high in fiber) and carrots (baby).
Hope these suggestions help.
One last one….I always try to have frozen blueberries on hand. They pair well with yogurt (I prefer nonfat plain Greek and lowfat vanilla yogurt). If I want some more texture and fiber i add a bit of whole grain cereal (raisin bran or whatever you prefer) and some of my pre-ground flaxseed and chia sead mix. I combine ingredients until fully incorporated. I also eat this for dinner.
The premier protein shakes I order from Amazon…..they come in 12pack boxes. I also get my pre-ground flaxseed and chia seed (vanilla maple flavor…delicious) there.
You could also try sauteing a vegetable or two, like broccoli rabe and shallots, and making a single scrambled egg.
For breakfast you might choose a delicious green smoothie, a slice of whole grain toast with natural PB, a healthy muffin and a glass of milk, or an egg and a piece of fruit. Try to pair a carbohydrate (fruit or grain) with a protein (egg, dairy, cheese, or nuts), but don’t skip meals. It’s the fuel you need to keep going throughout the day.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.