The book 'Peak – secrets from the new science of expertise'. Best way to really understand deliberate practice beyond the cliche 10000 hour rule
- How do you retain focus without zero distractions? Between social media, phone, and a puppy! Also how to drive away negative thoughts of worry and anxiety in the middle of important tasks such as giving yourself time to learn and study?
- What do I do if I don’t want to study something but a test is coming up in a few days?
- How do I stay motivated while completing my journey?
- How to make it habit to sit and write everyday?
- I’m trying to get better at writing and read a lot. But when I read something great, the feeling I could never possibly compare is overwhelming, it keeps from practicing for a few days. How do you deal with the crippling self-doubt?
Being open-minded and willing to dive into personal development books.
Practical knowledge is best for any kind of learning…even for deep learning…the learner should be intrested in the topic for its work
Go to the library in in your town. This is a great resource. They can even get books not in your library! Ask for inter-library loan! Get 1 book on your subject at a time. Study it thoroughly. Practice it! Read 10 books on your subject and practice, practice, practice. Soon you will be an expert in your field!
( you mean a state of deep focuse and learning yes? Not a process of coding mashines, right?) There are many ways to get into deep learning and deep focuse state. Here on Fabulous you can find invaluable hints. I can recommend you some lecture in order to understand deep learning state better. Try some books like Flow (1990) or the Shallows (2010, a case in which we consider opposite state of being) or Deep work (2016)
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?
- What are some tips for better concentration and actually learning the material?
- How do you stop yourself from getting distracted while studying?
- How do you find what gives you positive motivation?
- How do you focus for long periods of time?
- How should I keep focused when I don’t make progress on certain tasks? For this case I stuck with the score of 6 for my IELTS writing exam while my target score is 7. And it hasn’t changed even a little bit for so long.