Set a timer and create a list that focuses on a specific area that requires tidying up. Commit to work efficiently for the designated time you choose and confirm with yourself the reward for cleaning the target area. A reward can be as simple as: satisfaction of a cleaner environment, allowing yourself to watch a new Netflix Show, a nap, a chai latte etc. Any incentive that you choose. Towards the end of the year it's always mind clearing to walk into the new year with things you needed accomplished complete.
Find a good podcast, for me it helps to do some automatic action (cleaning is perfect for this) so i can consentrate on listening to what is being said (i can recommend true crime like «crime junkie»)
Putting on a timer for ten minutes and then cleaning as much as you can during that time, once I get started on it it's easy to keep going
I try a deep work mentality, see how much I can do in 20 minutes. I keep dusters in pretty boxes near the places I often think need dusting so I have one to hand when I see the dust. I try and do the same tasks at the same time each week, vacuuming, mopping, changing bedsheets. But mostly just do it as soon as you see it needs doing. Do it for your mental and physical health, and for the mental and physical health of those you share your home with. Good luck!
- How do you clean up large spaces and big projects in a short amount of time?
- What’s your favourite cleaning music?
- Any tips for going through junk drawers? I am struggling…
- How are you tidyng up your room?
- When do you schedule your clean and tidy up habit in Fabulous?
- How do you know when to stop cleaning? There’s always more to do!
- How do you stay motivated to clean when you are depressed?
- How can I keep stuffed animals in good condition and free of collecting any dust or things of that sort?
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!