Next, every day make a list of max 3 things from the list (or steps towards completing bigger things on your list) these are your goals for today.
Next you figure out when during your schedule for today you will be doing your 3 things
Before you know it you have gone through all the original items on your big list
The important part is to keep updating your big list so that important tasks never get forgotten.
You write down 3 things you want to achieve or accomplish today. E.g. Do a certain homework assignment, read 50 pages in a book or go grocery shopping. Don't make the tasks too big, split them up into smaller ones.
Fabulous recommends that you use a physical notebook to write your to-do lists. Personally I use Todoist.
Make it a habit that when you wake up, you write down what you want to do today. And keep it to 3 tasks only. If you have extra time you can of course do more things. But focus on the three most important tasks.
Some people also plan out their day by placing timestamps next to the tasks, as a sort of deadline for when it needs to be completed. This way they know exactly what to focus on and can easily get back on track if they get distracted. Personally I don't do this but feel free to try it out.
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??