Add protein (Eg. cooked chicken sausages, bacon , tofu, or ham) to each section of a 12 piece muffin tin. Add chopped veg of choice (eg. Zucchini, mushrooms & sundried tomatoes). Baked at approx 400 for 8-10 mins (times vary depending on what you use so check regularly).
Meanwhile beat and season 8 eggs. Pour egg mixture equally over protein and veg. Add cheese if you like. Bake for another 8-10 minutes. Can be batched and frozen for later. Even tastes good microwaved!
• 1 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
• 1/4 cup flour (can use wheat flour or sub with almond, coconut or GF blend flour)
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/3 cup chocolate chip
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil by putting it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Beat in the eggs. Add in the maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the mixture into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3-5 days.
Tip: when mixing coconut oil and eggs, try and make the eggs room temperature first so that the cold eggs don’t solidify the coconut oil again!
Maybe hard boiled eggs… that are made in advance are another option.
- How big is your breakfast compared to your lunch?
- Could you offer simple ideas on what to cook in the morning that would be healthy?
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- How to meal prep breakfast??
- Any suggestions for a good vegetarian breakfast/ brunch for the weekend?
- Is there a website that you know which has great recipes for healthy food?
- My job is sedentary… What kind of breakfast should I be having?
- Is it healthy to eat the same breakfast every day?
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?