Focus on the breath coming in and out of your nostrils. Gentle regular breaths. Then focus on each sense. Hearing, touch – feel body on chair or bed, clothing on body, smell, taste, sight even with eyes closed you may sense colour or light. Return to the breath. Allow thoughts to come and go like clouds across the sky. Feel the breath either in the belly going up and down or the chest or in and out of the nostrils.
Try apps with guided meditation. It’s very helpful. Meditation is not always easy to do when you start bc your not always sure how or why you want to do it. The guided meditation helps you to understand what you are seeking. My favorite Apps are 10% happier, headspace, and calm. Also, try anything in this app to help you build on the habit of meditating. Once you get going you will love it. I meditate almost every night with music or “lessons” and in the morning I prefer guided meditation. Best of luck to you it’s worth it!
I also just started to meditate and I really enjoy 'Calm'. You find this on YouTube and it's amazing! And always remember: don't expect too much. What will come, will come;)
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?