Focus on the breath coming in and out of your nostrils. Gentle regular breaths. Then focus on each sense. Hearing, touch – feel body on chair or bed, clothing on body, smell, taste, sight even with eyes closed you may sense colour or light. Return to the breath. Allow thoughts to come and go like clouds across the sky. Feel the breath either in the belly going up and down or the chest or in and out of the nostrils.
Try apps with guided meditation. It’s very helpful. Meditation is not always easy to do when you start bc your not always sure how or why you want to do it. The guided meditation helps you to understand what you are seeking. My favorite Apps are 10% happier, headspace, and calm. Also, try anything in this app to help you build on the habit of meditating. Once you get going you will love it. I meditate almost every night with music or “lessons” and in the morning I prefer guided meditation. Best of luck to you it’s worth it!
I also just started to meditate and I really enjoy 'Calm'. You find this on YouTube and it's amazing! And always remember: don't expect too much. What will come, will come;)
- Are there negative effects to meditating in bed? I like to cross my legs but also prefer back support so often do it sitting up in bed.
- Is there a particular style or type of meditation that you found lead you to have some sort of breakthrough in your meditation practice, or that you gravitate to?
- How long meditation can be done
- What is the best position to meditate because sometimes I meditate lying on the bed but I don’t know if that is the right way.
- For mums, people with busy schedules and those who are new to meditation… What do you prefer to meditate to?
- What King of sensations do you feel while meditating? What was the most intense one?
- How is meditation helping you now? And what are it’s long term benefits?
- Do you mediate in the evening and morning ? Why
- What helps you with tracking your time?
- How to make your thoughts not wanfer, to be still?