2. If you or a family member can speak Spanish, you can find inexpensive ($40/1.5 hour visit) housekeepers to give you a hand.
3. If you live near a big city, laundry services can be cheaper than doing it yourself.
4. Find a way to enjoy some kinds of cleaning. I used to hate it but if I play music or make it meditative, it feels good.
5. Cleaning is the best excuse for procrastination ever.
If you minimize the decision process you are more willing to actually do something. If you know that "everytime I do eat at home I do the dishes", you don't have to think "should I wash it now? But I am tired, I think I'll do it later".
There is no "should I", "what do I do", or any decision process to be made because it's already decided. If you ate at home, you will do the dishes.
Another thing that might help is saying out loud right before sorting to eat. "I'll eat and then do the dishes". You're not only thinking but telling your brain that that's what you decided to do.
Or, if you need accountability, just tell someone you live with that from that moment forward you will always do the dishes after eating at home. This way if you end up thinking of not doing it, you may feel ashamed or embarrassed because you already told the person you would, so you fell accountable and ends up doing the dishes.
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?
- How where you feeling when you were cleaning
- What’s a good way to declutter early in the morning so you don’t disturb anyone still sleeping?
- How to organize the documents and papers? And how to get rid of unnecessary ones?
- Who has tricks or advice on how to keep up with laundry?! Mostly the folding. I’ve struggled with this chore my whole life.
- What if I want to buy organizers to make my room look better but I have no money whatsoever?
- Do you clean better in these small time slots or when you do it all at once?
- How often do you have a deep clean/ tidy? And how do you do it? What’s your routine ?
- How do you stay on top of keeping things tidy?