2. If you or a family member can speak Spanish, you can find inexpensive ($40/1.5 hour visit) housekeepers to give you a hand.
3. If you live near a big city, laundry services can be cheaper than doing it yourself.
4. Find a way to enjoy some kinds of cleaning. I used to hate it but if I play music or make it meditative, it feels good.
5. Cleaning is the best excuse for procrastination ever.
If you minimize the decision process you are more willing to actually do something. If you know that "everytime I do eat at home I do the dishes", you don't have to think "should I wash it now? But I am tired, I think I'll do it later".
There is no "should I", "what do I do", or any decision process to be made because it's already decided. If you ate at home, you will do the dishes.
Another thing that might help is saying out loud right before sorting to eat. "I'll eat and then do the dishes". You're not only thinking but telling your brain that that's what you decided to do.
Or, if you need accountability, just tell someone you live with that from that moment forward you will always do the dishes after eating at home. This way if you end up thinking of not doing it, you may feel ashamed or embarrassed because you already told the person you would, so you fell accountable and ends up doing the dishes.
- How do I make laundry more enjoyable? It always piles up for me.
- How do you manage to cope with stress during this virus crisis? My brother is in self isolation, I’m bringing him shopping and cheering him up but when I’m coming back home I feel so scared and worried.
- Any tips for keeping a clean desk area?
- Is it important not to hoard ? I love my stuff
- I organized my room but still have things with no where to go. What else should I do to help keep things clean.
- What is the best way to clean or tidy up when you have a lot to do?
- What’s the best way to make cleaning more fun?
- What’s the best way to keep your bathroom clean when you have hard water?
- How can i keep clean my space?
- Any good tips on clothing organization?