So working out helps for that, but keep in mind its super easy to eat wrong and counteract any gains there.
The main reasons I exercise are for cognitive gains (learning), mental wellbeing, and to help me sleep.
In case its helpfull, I can offer my tips on the diet aspect of losing weight. Personally, I am a skinny guy. And if ever one wants tips on how to lose weight, just ask a skinny guy XD
Ok ok ok…
Well, anyhow, a while back I saw that the best diet for weight loss, which also happens to be best fiet for health, is the mediteranean diet with no processed foods.
The greatest thing about that is that you dont have to count calories either. All the fiber you eat keeps you full. The whole grains you get tempers your cravings for sugar. All the sugar you get is from fresh fruit. Processed foods cause unnatural cravings and cutting those out will make your appetite go back to normal. Plus you'll have more energy. Eventually after a few months maybe you wont really crave any of the garbage people often eat. Plus that kinda food is just awesome!
Also, eat most of your food between 10am and 2pm, and dont consume anything but water after like 5pm or so. This is called early time restricted eating. You're digestive system is primed for digestion during midday hours as far as I understand. Eating late will throw your body out of whack.
- does anybody have any advice for using the exercise bikes at the gym? like a routine for when I’m on them? I get bored easily, so spending a long time on them isn’t really my cup of tea, and I don’t know what’s best for your body about going continuously or in intervals. thank you! x
- What are some of your favorite exercise rituals?
- Are there any exercise tips for people who don’t have a lot of space?
- What types of exercises should I do? So far I’ve been doing push-ups, situps, and jumping jacks, and using an exercise bike in the afternoon. Are these good? Should I do more?
- How do you prioritize you heathy habits when your family members aren’t in your corner on lifestyle change?
Oh, and take progress photos every week – for this is the best way to see a difference.
- What type of exercise is good to silence the mind?
- Do you have a motivating motto for your exercise plan in 2019?
- Does anyone find creatine useful for lifting?
- How much water should I drink before exercise?
- Best 7 minute exercise?
- I don’t know what to eat after a workout to build muscle or burn fat after my exercise, or in what quantities or what times to eat them. What should I eat, in what quantity, at what times, and how will I know I’m meeting my goals (how long will it take to see results)? Also: how do I stay confident when I see someone who has the appearance I want to have, especially around people I want to make proud?
- How can I get into meditation. What is the best time of day etc? X
- What type of music is good for recharging you and giving you the motivation to work out?
- How do I make a commitment to getting up at the same time every day?
- What are the benefits of cardio? Should I count tennis workouts as cardio? Should I incorporate high intensity intervals in the stair climbing?