So working out helps for that, but keep in mind its super easy to eat wrong and counteract any gains there.
The main reasons I exercise are for cognitive gains (learning), mental wellbeing, and to help me sleep.
In case its helpfull, I can offer my tips on the diet aspect of losing weight. Personally, I am a skinny guy. And if ever one wants tips on how to lose weight, just ask a skinny guy XD
Ok ok ok…
Well, anyhow, a while back I saw that the best diet for weight loss, which also happens to be best fiet for health, is the mediteranean diet with no processed foods.
The greatest thing about that is that you dont have to count calories either. All the fiber you eat keeps you full. The whole grains you get tempers your cravings for sugar. All the sugar you get is from fresh fruit. Processed foods cause unnatural cravings and cutting those out will make your appetite go back to normal. Plus you'll have more energy. Eventually after a few months maybe you wont really crave any of the garbage people often eat. Plus that kinda food is just awesome!
Also, eat most of your food between 10am and 2pm, and dont consume anything but water after like 5pm or so. This is called early time restricted eating. You're digestive system is primed for digestion during midday hours as far as I understand. Eating late will throw your body out of whack.
Oh, and take progress photos every week – for this is the best way to see a difference.
- What is your celebration when you complete a habit or a ritual?
- How can I improve my motivation???
- How do you find time to work out especially if you have a very demanding job?
- Is it okay to break your routine during holidays?
- Do you incorporate strength training into your routine?
- What makes you push harder with your exercises when you or body feels like your ready to quit?
- How do you get yourself motivated to go to the gym in the morning/after work?
- Run with or without music? Why?
- How do you stay consistent with this app, and not make it feel like a chore?
- What are your 3 favorite songs to dance to?