Bal Zs X.
It’s the same for be, but I take the Disconnect and Unplug habit very seriously. Once I finished my evening routine, I put my phone on charger in the living room with my laptop, so I have no ways of accessing the internet when I’m supposed to sleep
To keep yourself from using the internet? You can create an 'electronics prison' – a drawer with a lock, wherein you can then place your phone, laptop etc. when it's time to sleep.
I am in the same situation as you are. Well, I am,, disconneting"with not using the internet. For example I have downloaded my sleep meditation so I don't need my phone to be online to play it. I am not at all watching television, instead of that I read a little bit as part of my evening routine. It is important to sleep in a dark environment. I turn off any device with even a tiny light. A candle for a few minutes before going to sleep is a game changer. It really gives you the feeling of no electricity, the time slowing down and tiredness… Wish you all the best with finding your way to disconnect. 🙂
What I personally use is the option on my phone to not be able to open apps during certain times without entering a code, to let me know it’s bedtime. It’s called something like screen-free time, maybe that could work for you? I don’t know if there’s an equivalent for it on other devices, but probably something can be found.
Hope this helps you!
Hope this helps you!
Simply not using the cell phone after checking that habit done.
It is self discipline and self control. To turn off the router is to make it hard for a heavy internet addicted person to reconnect. if I can simply stop using any internet devices once I check that button, that is it!
- What do you do to disconnect& unplug, if your mind is still full of to do’s? How do you prepare to disconnect?
- How do you disconnect from the perceived intense connections and relationships with others?
- I don’t really understand what it means by disconnecting and unplugging?
- How can we disconnect and unplug when we are supposed to be using the Fabulous app (this requires the use of my phone)?
- What’s best to do instead of using my phone before bed?
- Do we need to disconnect an hour before we go to bed or before we go bed?
- Does this mean all screens? Like iPad iPhone tv and laptop into one? Because i watch TV to relax before bed (TV is in the lounge room so I still have to walk to my room afterwards) I’m disciplined with only watching one episode. Then disconnect is i just use my phone only for the fabulous app or urgent family messages then put it on silent. Is that enough?
- Any tricks for not being tempted by your phone?
- How do I stop my self from watching YouTube or Netflix on my laptop till 1:00 am?
- When disconnecting from the phone what’s a good way to insure you won’t be tempted to use it?