I think that is a great idea! One thing I have been doing lately is drawing out the full month schedule as a grid with all of my habits on the left column and all of the days in the top row and filling in the boxes with a different color for each day. It is kind of like that Jerry Seinfeld tip about making a long chain of Xs every day he writes. Kind of nice to get a break from the phone too. And then accounting for all in the app once a day.
- Just wondering as a single mom who works 50 plus hours a week, 6 days, what do you recommend? I always make a to do list, mentally or physically, only finishing the materialistic stuff and always end up with no time for my stuff.
- How do you reinforce good habits?
- Do you just write household chores or everything that you would normally do in a day?
- Do you keep seperate lists for work and private life?
- How can I study every day?
I think you’re on a great track by establishing your routine before entering your new environment. I’d reflect on that list and anticipate any roadblocks and identify tasks. Do you need to find a new gym? Do you need to find the right grocery store? The sooner you can address those items, the easier it will be to stick to your routine. But also, don’t be afraid to be flexible and open to the new things this change can offer. Keep your goals in mind and enjoy your new opportunities.
- What happens when you don’t have anything to do?
- Share your to do list templates/techniques
- How can I effectively stick to my to do list?
- What do you do when you don’t complete everything on your to do list? How do you not feel defeated?
- What to do items can you make into routines or habits instead?
- How do you balance making your to do list both feasible and inspiring? (If my to do list is only things I know I can get done in a day it is too simple and makes me not feel like I will achieve the things I want to
- I’m interested to know how many todo lists others have
- How far should I scale back my expectations when I fail? What if I fail every time for the rest of my life?
- How many items do you write in your To-do?
- How do you make time for yourself with 5 kids and a husband who works 12-14 hours a day?