Why not try your omelette with 1 whole egg adding 1 or 2 egg whites and some vegetables! The braver can omit the egg yolk if worried about cholesterol!
As a general rule, cholesterol can be controlled by a class of drugs called statins, and losing weight, exercise, and a low carbohydrate diet. These factors are much more important than the number of eggs that you eat.
As a general rule, even the most cautious would say that two to three eggs a week are permissible.
Others would say that as many is 2 per day are fine, as long as you are following the other components of handling your cholesterol levels.
If you are a person who works a lot does exercise has controlled diet you can have an egg daily.
That said, assuming that you keep fat and carbs out of the same meal, and avoid processed sugar, my understanding is that an egg a day isn't going to be detrimental. That, of course, depends on your activity level.
Nonetheless, one of the reasons I downloaded this app (just few days ago) is that I'm prioritizing the matter of inconsistency in my everyday activities, before diving deep into specifics in different branches.
Also my cholesterol is not that high, nothing alarming, just above the ideal values.
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??