When I find my mind getting distracted, I write down what's on my mind and then I refocus. It works very well with loose leaf paper. And then you're able to look back on it and see if it was important or not.
Give yourself a quiet, clean, and calm (non-stimulating) environment. Prioritize your tasks. By cleaning off your desk before attempting to study, you will have less to work about or distract you, when the time to study arrives.
Self awareness is key. Take several sessions to let yourself be distracted, but write everything down as it happens. Figure out what triggers the distraction and then replace your response with a more constructive one.
I set a small goal, like washing the dishes, even if I don't do anything else that day. I wash the dishes. Usually by the time I finish I remember what else I have to do – like laundry, sweeping, taking out the trash etc. All these tasks are for me the same area – cleaning. So if I do one I remember to do the others as well.
Keeping lists and setting a time frame to complete each task. Make sure the time frame is not too short or too long for the task in order to avoid feeling rushed or stressed. If you get interrupted or the schedule is thrown off take a moment and readjust the rest of your list accordingly and get back on track for your day!
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?
- How where you feeling when you were cleaning
- What’s a good way to declutter early in the morning so you don’t disturb anyone still sleeping?
- How to organize the documents and papers? And how to get rid of unnecessary ones?
- Who has tricks or advice on how to keep up with laundry?! Mostly the folding. I’ve struggled with this chore my whole life.
- What if I want to buy organizers to make my room look better but I have no money whatsoever?
- Do you clean better in these small time slots or when you do it all at once?
- How often do you have a deep clean/ tidy? And how do you do it? What’s your routine ?
- How do you stay on top of keeping things tidy?