I separate myself in another room from all people and play music relatively loudly to drown out any outside noise. I also make sure to put my phone on do not disturb and place it out of site
When I work I try to set up my mind hours prior especially if I have a lot of things to finish. So when work hours starts I’m well planned and ready and not easily distracted. Preparing yourself and listing to dos are great way to set motivation also.
Have a conversation with the other people on your household and share your plans for blocking off a particular time. You may have to adjust the time, but hopefully am agreement can be made. Sometimes it is impossible not to be interrupted – if you live in a busy household, try scheduling shorter Deep Work sessions multiple times a day if you know a 2 hour session would be interrupted.
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??