The only way for me personally to focus on something for a longer period of time is to have a strong goal , something i really need to get to , and then I attach that to my emotions, in a sense I use manipulation techniques to trick myself for good.
- What are you learning and studying?
- How do you balance time among multiple goals? Say university thesis, job hunting, and learning to code.
- What makes you more faithful to this program and changing your habits?
- Yes. How do you maintain the discipline of studying daily as a working woman/wife/mother with respective demands to those other roles after work?
- How do I learn and retain information more effectively?
Vera De souza
I usually prefer to work in short intervals of 25 minutes each. I then follow it up with a 5 minutes break. This helps me to focus better. This is known as the Pomodoro technique.
I make sure I’m alone in my office or a private area.. play some load background music, without lyrics.. then I put my stopwatch on 20min timers.. each 20mins I get up, walk around get some water or coffee and continue.. most times I’m in a flow state and just snooze the 20min timer.. but knowing that I can take a break in 20misn gives me satisfaction
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?
- What are some tips for better concentration and actually learning the material?
- How do you stop yourself from getting distracted while studying?
- How do you find what gives you positive motivation?
- How should I keep focused when I don’t make progress on certain tasks? For this case I stuck with the score of 6 for my IELTS writing exam while my target score is 7. And it hasn’t changed even a little bit for so long.
- How long can you learn by yourself without getting distracted?