The only way for me personally to focus on something for a longer period of time is to have a strong goal , something i really need to get to , and then I attach that to my emotions, in a sense I use manipulation techniques to trick myself for good.
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?
- How can I overcome my laziness??? Please give some tips! :))
- How many hours a day do you study when you have to prepare an important exam?
- What are some useful study tips you utilize?
- I’m learning Korean right now and I really enjoy it but I don’t do it very often. I tell myself I will but I just keep procrastinating because I’m not motivated. Do you have any tips on self-motivation?
Vera De souza
I usually prefer to work in short intervals of 25 minutes each. I then follow it up with a 5 minutes break. This helps me to focus better. This is known as the Pomodoro technique.
I make sure I’m alone in my office or a private area.. play some load background music, without lyrics.. then I put my stopwatch on 20min timers.. each 20mins I get up, walk around get some water or coffee and continue.. most times I’m in a flow state and just snooze the 20min timer.. but knowing that I can take a break in 20misn gives me satisfaction
- How do you deal with guilt and shame when you really want to get out of bed and get everything done but you physically are not able because you need the sleep in order to recover from the previous day? This usually happens to me when I have a day off and need to use it to meet upcoming deadlines and catchup on things.
- How about you? What are you learning?
- What is your study schedule?
- What do you do when u can’t seem to focus?
- How can you come over procrastinations?
- How do I stay focused when I’m studying?
- If you have kids,what time do you prefer to learn?
- How do you best schedule your studying/classwork and avoid burning out and getting distracted?
- How can i stop random moments of self doubt/ random moments of feeling insecure?
- Do you have a way to focus when you don’t want to study and/or learn?