After my 'walking' part I sit on a couchen on the floor and focus on my breath and use words when inhaling and exhaling , I use rising/falling).
These 2 exercises form my meditation routine ( I learned them on a retreat in monastery in Thailand) Make both parts equal in length I use 8min for 'walking' and 8min for sitting.
If you fall asleep, you fall asleep.
If you check into Headspace, within the first few sessions, this subject is covered.
If you fall asleep, it’s totally okay…your subconscious will be meditating still!
And moment I realise that I have been sleeping, go to breath again. Sleep again maybe… Staying in observant mode, about thought and feeling flow traffic all the time during those meditation moments works for me.
I do it every morning after I make some movement so that feeling never came to me since I started meditating, but I think that it comes from you because you are thinking about what you are going to do today so what i advice you it first thing you do when you drink water is to write down what is bothering you or what do you want to do and then do meditation. And take it easy. Don't be so hard on yourself it's okay if you meditate for 5 or 3 minutes it's better than nothing by time it will increase don't worry.
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?
- Where is the best place to meditate ?