After my 'walking' part I sit on a couchen on the floor and focus on my breath and use words when inhaling and exhaling , I use rising/falling).
These 2 exercises form my meditation routine ( I learned them on a retreat in monastery in Thailand) Make both parts equal in length I use 8min for 'walking' and 8min for sitting.
If you fall asleep, you fall asleep.
If you check into Headspace, within the first few sessions, this subject is covered.
If you fall asleep, it’s totally okay…your subconscious will be meditating still!
And moment I realise that I have been sleeping, go to breath again. Sleep again maybe… Staying in observant mode, about thought and feeling flow traffic all the time during those meditation moments works for me.
I do it every morning after I make some movement so that feeling never came to me since I started meditating, but I think that it comes from you because you are thinking about what you are going to do today so what i advice you it first thing you do when you drink water is to write down what is bothering you or what do you want to do and then do meditation. And take it easy. Don't be so hard on yourself it's okay if you meditate for 5 or 3 minutes it's better than nothing by time it will increase don't worry.
- How to make your thoughts not wanfer, to be still?
- How do you apply the mediation techniques to daily life?
- D you find it more effective when listening to a guided meditation compared to meditating with silence? Also do you ever meditate with others and does someone usually lead?
- What are the difference b/n meditation in the morning and evening?
- What specific benefits have you seen personally from meditation?
- What’s ur biggest achievement through meditation habit?
- Why is meditating good for me?
- How do you get your mind to stop running?
- How did you start meditating?
- Suggest me a good meditation for setting goals..