I have 2 suggestions (depending on the nature of the bad habit). 1. Try replacing the habit. Figure out what causes you to do the bad habit and replace it with a different task. For example, if you have a habit of leaving a mess after dinner, make it a habit to clean. 2. Try a different app. If you're trying to stop doing something that can't be easily replaced (like smoking), then you need a reward in the moment you skip the habit and a big reward at the end of the day. You'll have to decide if you want that reward in an app, internally, or externally.
Create a positive habit to replace the old one. I have struggled with trichotillomania with my eyelashes and eyebrows, now I make sure I plait my hair when I get the urge to pull or cut my fingernails 🙂
- What floss techniques and tools do you use?
- Anyone noticing improvement with how their teeth feel?
- What time of the day is best for flossing?
- How often do you floss?
- Are floss picks better than the floss alone?
- Do you floss once or twice a day? 🙂
- Is there any eco friendly floss?
- What do you use to floss? I feel like floss strings always slip through my hands and toothpicks are too big.
- When you floss do you need a distraction? Ex. Watching tv or playing music?
- What keeps you from flossing?