I have 2 suggestions (depending on the nature of the bad habit). 1. Try replacing the habit. Figure out what causes you to do the bad habit and replace it with a different task. For example, if you have a habit of leaving a mess after dinner, make it a habit to clean. 2. Try a different app. If you're trying to stop doing something that can't be easily replaced (like smoking), then you need a reward in the moment you skip the habit and a big reward at the end of the day. You'll have to decide if you want that reward in an app, internally, or externally.
Create a positive habit to replace the old one. I have struggled with trichotillomania with my eyelashes and eyebrows, now I make sure I plait my hair when I get the urge to pull or cut my fingernails 🙂
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss