Is better than nothing at all (baby steps). FlyLady talks about things like “10 minute tidy” or “clear out your hot spots”. Maybe you can start with small goals like that and incorporate them into Fabulous as a habit? Good luck!!
But start small.
However, I have learned to use the Pomidoro technique: I literally bought an EGG TIMER. And do 25mins ON, and 10mins OFF,<repeat>.
Concentration is then balanced.
If it’s overwhelming, it means you’re not breaking it down simple enough!
Using a marathon as an analogy: first buy the running shoes; you don’t need to think about running the marathon just yet!
So I use the mantra: “it’s about the shoes, not the marathon”.
Throw away things you don't need, and this inclydes negative, toxic people who may stand in your way.
Make short term and long term goal lists. (1-3-5 -10 -20 years, it helps keep a sense of purpose when life gets cluttered) journal and keep track.
Start small, start by decluttering your living space, Do one room at time.
If you don’t use it or wear it donate or get rid of it, don’t be a hoarder. And whatever you do keep organize. A clean and organized living and working space is important to feel good and maintain your momentum.
spend time watching yourself and how you do things and find where you can make adjustments to make yourself more efficient.
Exercise, it might make you tired at first but in time in give you more energy, the more energy you have the more you can do in one day, helps you stay focused on your goals.
Get rid of negative people in your life, they clutter your head and heart.
The path isn’t easy but the reward is worth it.
- What do you clean daily?
- How regularly do you mop
- Do you wash the dishes right away, or do you do it once a day or never?
- How often do you clean floors?
- Any other moms struggle to stay on top of the constant dishes and laundry? Any tips?
- How do you choose what cleaning/tidying task to do when you have a five or ten minute window unexpectedly?
- How do I become faster at cleaning? Since I’m so slow. It takes so much time.
- How often should you wash your sheets?
- What time of day is best to clean the dishes?
- I am looking for good tips on organizing as this is hard for me.