Then, only buy beautiful things.
Use up products and food or if not then out in a pile to sell or give away all in one hit.
Keep the fridge clutter free
Throw out old books.
Throw out dvds
Don’t keep old underwear
Throw out old medication, you can make a note of what you’ve had in your phone if you want to be ocd
Make time for the things that keep my family togheter and make them happy.
And ask yourself
First you really want to be minimal at home ..
I don’t wanna be minimalist .
I like a lot of lovely pictures
So I wanna be a beautiful lady in my small but cute and pretty house .
But if you really do
Do for yourself
Not for others.
Just you can start empty your small precious
You can be
#1 have a dump bin at the bottom of your stairs for things to go upstairs.
#2 Have plastic organizing bins for under your bed and drawers.
#3 set reminders to do different chores around the house to make sure your house always stays clean.
Giving things away to charity helps give you the feeling that things will still be used and loved.
change… as you know. It won’t be easy, but it is possible. If you hear your body and your mind while you are doing the changes in your lifestyle, you will not go against what you really feel and want. In hard days, just close your eyes and remember why you chose to live a minimalist life.
So, how to start…
if you are not changing houses or living in a hand made hut; clean your house of everything non-essential. Don’t be afraid, close your eyes and remember why you want to do this. Be conscious of your daily routine and of what you really need to use to be able to complete it.
-waste as less as possible.
We humans waste so many things, whether it be natural ou unatural, let’s face it, the ideal minimalist lives in the countryside with a compost toilet and the right amount of tools. We don’t all fit it that scene (yet, at least) so/but we can still try our best to reuse what we have in the best way possible.
Nowadays there are lot of website that give use good ideas of how, have fun reading them and discovering what you could do to reuse things.
We don’t need plastic bags to go shopping, actually we only need like 5 material bags Max. We don’t need thousands of towels, thousands of clothes, thousands of books… if you really think about it, there are thousands of things we don’t really need to life your daily life… thinking and acting on it, we will life a freer and more organised life… without clutter and obsessions.
This was not a minimalist answer , but good luck on your journey to became a minimalist. I believe it will make you more aware of what you are and your surrounds.
- How do I begin the process of moving clutter into an organized space?
- How much effort or time we should spend for cleaning?when my dusty please don’t bother me much.
- How do you find the discipline to keep everything clean all the time?
- Do you do certain items in order when tidying?
- Do you minimize the the amount of cleaning you’ve actually done to feel like you can tick off the Clean and Tidy habit while doing as little as possible?
- Is it a good idea to do a little tidy almost every time you enter or exit the room?
- How do you find motivation if you live in a dark basement?
- how often do the guys tidy up the data on the hard drives in the computer, laptop?
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?