I personally like to put myself in a quite atmosphere, this app offers the ability to do your tasks with smooth music playing in the background, I tend to find that really relaxing which helps me focus. It provides me a sort of weird reassurance that somebody is watching and marking me, as if I’m apart of a test. I’ve improved a lot on my focus towards studying, and for that I am really thankful to this app!
- How can I stay positive among critical people?
- What is the best way to stop procrastinating, and just start on my work? Because I usually end up doing everything else there is to do before I start studying or homework.
- How do you develop self-discipline?
- How do you motivate yourselves to work/study if you don’t at all like the topic and if it’s not too urgent?
- How can you REALLY block distractions? Sometimes, when the answer doesn’t come, I start thinking about that new song that came out today so I search it on YT, then I find another funny video, and so on…
I am struggling with that since I have so many commitments at the moment. If I design a specific time that I do it then it’s better.
I suggest going in to a quiet room (maybe your dining or somewhere there is no tv). I would also turn your phone off and any other devices that aren't being used for studying purposes and begin:)
Of course there are the obvious like putting your phone on silent, out of your sight, etc. What’s helped me though is to keep a kind of ‘to-do list’ for when I’m on a study break, where I’ll write all the stuff that keeps distracting me and popping into my head. Things like “remember to wish Jake a happy birthday” and “answer Leah on Snap”. So they’re all there when you let yourself go on your phone again once you’ve finished studying.
- How do you know if you’re stressed?
- How to stay more focused, and not get distracted by little things?
- What do you do if you feel depressed on exams week?
- How can I stop a bad habit?
- How do you find time to read?
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?