It depends on the criticism. Are you in an environment where criticism is a part of your career, such as taking criticism from your boss to do better? Or receiving constructive criticism from a fellow artist? These forms of criticism help us grow. Try to think of it as advice, even though it might sting. However, if the criticism is only negative or is cruel, ignore it. People often speak their opinion, but this does not mean that you have to change to fit their views. Does the criticism help you in any way? If the answer is no, remember who you are, the experience you have, and search for the truth in the situation.
Try to remember that, at the end of the day, what matters the most is what you think about yourself: it will help you to not feel overwhelmed. Critiques are either good or bad, the challenge here to understand what could be good for you to listen to and what not. Listen to people but don’t live by what they say: don’t pressure yourself to adjust yourself according to these critiques. Instead, understand what people are saying and ask yourself: is this really something that is keeping me from being better? If the answer is yes, take a moment to think about what you can do about it, but without pressure, because loving yourself and living trying to be your best self is what is really important in life. Stand by that and don’t let critical people to take you in a negative place.
Think that each individual lives with their own value system and it only matters if you live according to yours. Other people's opinions are not binding to you
- I’m really curious! What did you decide to learn as part of your new habit? And why?
- What’s the best online learning platform to learn a new skill to make a career change?
- How do you find motivation to make it a daily habit? If you don’t complete that task and achieve your golden triangle does it bother you? And if not how do you make peace with it?
- I deleted all social media. But I keep using browser to go on them now. I can’t delete browser I need it for studies too. Any advice?
- How can u keep concentrating while working ?
- Do you have a course or anything I could learn?
- I am easily distracted by books, and by that, I mean it doesn’t take much to induce me to dive into a new one. Problem is, I often find myself reading (no joke) about a dozen or so books at once. Any tips for how to prioritize what I learn? And when to let go of or update old learning goals?
- What are you learning about?
- What do you do when you have a bad day where you feel depressed and anxious, so you struggle with being productive and looking after yourself ?
- I have a hard time comprehending information as I read. Like if I read a chapter of a book, I won’t be able to tell you what happened. Any tips on this? Also, do you have any tips on note taking?