It depends on the criticism. Are you in an environment where criticism is a part of your career, such as taking criticism from your boss to do better? Or receiving constructive criticism from a fellow artist? These forms of criticism help us grow. Try to think of it as advice, even though it might sting. However, if the criticism is only negative or is cruel, ignore it. People often speak their opinion, but this does not mean that you have to change to fit their views. Does the criticism help you in any way? If the answer is no, remember who you are, the experience you have, and search for the truth in the situation.
- How do you stay awake during a long study time?
- How do you balance time among multiple goals? Say university thesis, job hunting, and learning to code.
- When I am studying and my mind becomes tired after a while, concentrating becomes very difficult. How do you avoid the sleepiness that studying causes?
- What is the best way to start studying, even when you don’t want to at all? That’s the hardest part for me.
- I struggle at focusing when reviewing terms and definitions. Do any of you have suggestions to help me study?
Try to remember that, at the end of the day, what matters the most is what you think about yourself: it will help you to not feel overwhelmed. Critiques are either good or bad, the challenge here to understand what could be good for you to listen to and what not. Listen to people but don’t live by what they say: don’t pressure yourself to adjust yourself according to these critiques. Instead, understand what people are saying and ask yourself: is this really something that is keeping me from being better? If the answer is yes, take a moment to think about what you can do about it, but without pressure, because loving yourself and living trying to be your best self is what is really important in life. Stand by that and don’t let critical people to take you in a negative place.
Think that each individual lives with their own value system and it only matters if you live according to yours. Other people's opinions are not binding to you
- How do you know if you’re stressed?
- How to stay more focused, and not get distracted by little things?
- What do you do if you feel depressed on exams week?
- How can I stop a bad habit?
- How do you find time to read?
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?