This can be difficult but I'll give you a sweet and a savory idea- I buy a pre-spiced block of tofu and make a big batch of tofu scramble (tofu, cauliflower, onions, bell peppers) to have during the week. Then I heat it up in the pan and add some greens every morning. If you have more of a sweet tooth at breakfast, I'd recommend smoothies with silken tofu, seeds, some pea-based milk, and all the tasty fruit you can think of. Another savory- spread some vegan refried black beans on your avocado toast for more protein. And one more sweet- overnight oats with some added pumpkin-based protein powder. Add cinnamon and other pumpkiny things to make more sense. Keep on that plant based path 🙂
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk smoothie with frozen greens, fruit, and vegan protein powder and a handful of pistachios
I’ve been doing morning breakfast smoothies with all types of fruit and it’s been great! Buy some frozen fruit and keep in the freezer. Buy some almond milk, almond butter, and flax seeds to add for additional vegan nutrients. You can even buy ‘Vega Sport’ vegan protein powder and add it to your smoothie for an extra boost! Blending only takes 30 seconds. Just have a travel cup and grab and go!
There are some high protein cereals out there. I use almond milk. They also have have tons of granola bars. I'll eat them and a banana occasionally. I have also seen a high protein frozen waffle. I'm not a huge fan of sweet things in the morning so I don't usually get it. You could always go with some sort of peanut butter toast or even some nice smoothies and put protein powder in it.
Banana, peanut butter, rolled oats, soy yogurt and soy milk. Mix everything in a mason jar and leave in the fridge overnight. Add chocolate chips and honey/vanilla to taste. Try mixing in different fruits and replacing the peanut butter for vegan flavoured protein powders for different flavours and textures.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.