I think it really depends on how you frame your list. I find it easiest to have a list of long term goals, subdivided into weekly goals and daily goals. Otherwise, I have the tendency to overestimate how much I can accomplish in a day.
Yes, but only if I don't try to throw everything into the to-do list. Using a habit like "adjust and commit to your goals" or "prioritize your list" enables me to check my wishes against my available energy and time, so I can feel a greater sense of achievement when I complete the things I can commit to.
I find it mostly reassuring. Even if I have a lot to do, at least I know I just need to take on one thing at a time. If a task on the list seems too big, I break it up into smaller tasks. Even though my list gets longer, each individual item seems more manageable and doable. The list is also helpful because I can refer back to it throughout the day to make sure I'm on track and not forgetting anything. Plus, I get a lot of satisfaction every time I cross something off the list. If I don't get to something, I just rewrite it on my list for the next day, and that repetition helps me remember that it's important to get to that item because it's been on the dock longer than the other items on the list.
I write lists for everything. It means I don't need to spend as much brain processing power to remember what I wanted or had to get done. It clears my mind and gives me a structured task list to follow. If I'm feeling totally unmotivated I will watch a favourite tv show while doing dishes or whatever to make the chore seem more like down time.
- How do you stay on schedule with your to do list?
- How can I write a good to do list?
- What tool do you use to manage to- do list?
- Do you think it is better to create my TODO list the evening before or in the morning?
- What app or software do you use to track your to do list?
- It’s sometimes hard for me to stay on task or sometimes I want to give up. With a To Do List, is it hard to stay committed to it? What keeps you going?
- What is your daily routine like?
- How do you plan out the times at which you complete your tasks? Do you find somedays don’t go as smoothly as others?
- I feel im just writing and repeating my to do everyday.. is that ok ? 😄. Or should i think to do something new
- How do you organize your to-dos to not forget anything when you work on different projects parallelly at the same time?