Yes, everyone has been brought into this world with unique gifts and characteristics that are placed in them to prepare them for a specific purpose in the world.
- Should I be thinking of a different purpose everyday or do I use the same one?
- Is it okay to focus so much on others when it comes to your purpose?
- Is your purpose always the same each day or does it change on a daily basis?
- What does it mean to think about my purpose? Is this a question about the importance of my life? Is this the type of question that is answered without myself in the equation? What I mean is it about less ego and more about others? I have a hard time thinking about whether a goal like “become more healthy” be my purpose or is a more appropriate response be something I enjoy or something that if I did less of leaves me feeling empty or like I did not fulfill my roll as a decent human being. An example is I like to think that I could make a difference in people’s lives. Is a more appropriate purpose choice for me “have a positive affect on each person I interact with”. Is this still egotistical to think that my actions could elicit such a huge difference in someone else’s life? What IS my purpose? Why am I here? Is this an existential question? Is this a question about service? Is my purpose to serve and to love? To show compassion and be kind? I like those answers but what is the right answer?
- Do you have a hard time thinking of your purpose? My immediate thought every time is my children. That is ok, with me. Thoughts are fleeting though. Is that really ok with me? Do I need to have more? Just food for thought I suppose. What is our true purpose?
- How much time do you dedicate to your purpose every day and why?
- Is your purpose more short-term or long-term?
- I think I’m getting to understand my purpose but what if it is far from my education and I’d rather not start a new one?
- What’s the thing/thought that helps you most when (if that’s the case sometimes) you’re feeling like you aren’t living for yourself but more because of the people around you (family, friends etc.)?
- What holds your back from embracing your purpose?