- I can’t eat first thing when I wake up. Do you think it’s ok to leave 45 mins between drinking my water and eating breakfast?
- What breakfast do you eat? Do you have any apps to help you choose your meals?
- What do you do if you somehow miss your breakfast?
- What`s one of your favorite healthy grab and go breakfasts?
- What’s your favorite thing to make the kids that fall into the same rules as a typical great breakfast?
1. Soft boil two eggs
2. Peal the eggs and smash them with a fork in a bowl
3. Add some salt, pepper, a couple of capers, some dill and a good tablespoon of mustard
4. Mix everything together until it resembles an egg salad
5. Get yourself a nice slice of sourdough bread, spread the egg salad on top and top it off with some smoked salmon 🙂
4 tbsp oats .. yogurt.. 1 fruit .. may be honey or nuts on the top
For example, egg with ham and cheese on toasted English muffin (or whatever).
First, toast your muffin / bread / whatever so it's a bit less toasted than you actually want.
While that's going on, layer the following in a small microwave safe bowl:
1 egg, beaten (like scrambled eggs)
1 slice ham
1 slice cheese (I buy my everyday cheese presliced; if you don't have anything like that, picture an old fashioned American "cheese" slice and layer about that much of a hard /med cheese of your choice.
Microwave the bowl for 1 minute at 1200 watts.
Now, either finish the toast, or if the filling isn't cooked / melted / hot enough, put it on the bottom toast and back on the toaster.
The basic point is that one egg cooked in the bottom of a small bowl for about 1 minute at 1200 watts will be cooked and will sort of fluff up. A moderate amount of stuff on top will also get warm / melt. It's not quite what you'd get at the deli. But it might even be ready more quickly, and there's no clean up.
Experiment with your microwave, toppings (if you don't want more calories, use a bit of hot sauce or whatever), and toaster.
Really it would be ideal to use a toaster oven. But anything you can do in a toaster oven you can also do under the broiler (gas or electric, US or other). I recommend preheating a gas broiler for a minute, sliding your item(s)
well inside, and leaving the broiler door open. The only downside to toasting things in the broiler is that perfect becomes blackened in a few seconds. Nevertheless I've used a broiler in place of a toaster for what adds up to a few years. I make a point of mentioning this here because the broiler is especially good if you need to melt cheese or heat slices of something without overcooking the egg
I would be very interested to know if someone figures out how to use the same basic method to get a poached egg. Just don't leave out the vinegar!
- What kind of breakfasts are good for high protein diet and low fat.
- What is most healthy breakfast?
- How many of you go raw vegan? Keto?
- How to make this habit regular
- What would be a good light breakfast if soon after it you’d go exercising?
- What is a good breakfast to prepare the night before?
- Your favourite thing to add to oatmeal?
- What fruit are best to make smoothies with?😁
- Anyone else not hungry until 10 or 10:30?
- How do you lose weight when you had your thyroid removed and are in menopause? I just keep gaining no matter what I do.